- Visit your dashboard
- Build your Giving Portal with branding, logo, and customizable URL
- Set up Text Giving in your platform
- Determine who needs access to the system! Add Managers, give them permissions, and get your team ready to grow your giving portal!
- Test your giving methods (Give Now form, text giving, etc.) with leadership or staff to see how it flows
- If you have CHMS, integrate it and complete fund mapping
Note: Are you coming from another giving platform? Consider doing a Donor Import and click here for more information
- Set up your communication plan and gather your tools to have ready for the announcement
- Social media graphics
- Announcement slides
- Print any materials that have information about the new giving platform
- If you have a website, embed your Give Now form
- Draft an email to donors prior to the announcement. Don’t want to type one up? We got you! Click here for the email script.
- If you are wanting to set up Advanced features such as the MinistryOne app, Auto Reports, etc. click here for more information
- Talking points – Gather your speaking points before announcing the new platform. Need inspiration? Click here for talking points.
- Make an announcement to donors of the upcoming changes to your giving platform utilizing the gathered communication tools from Week 2
- Send follow-up emails about the new giving platform with the new giving link attached
- Log in to your dashboard to look over your transactions and deposits
- Check your Giving portal for sync errors in the integration tile
- Make a plan for next month’s donor communication (Plan for next month on how you communicate the new way of giving)
- Monitor ChMS reports
- Follow up with recurring givers
- Look over your billing report
- Monitor Transaction Fees
- Check out your invoice section
- Refresh Social Media posts
- Evaluate if there are active donors on the previous platform, provide final notice to active donors directly, and close the old giving platform
- Review your Funds List to determine whether adding new funds or making old funds inactive
- Do you have an upcoming event that requires registration? Consider creating an event form
- Celebrate your first successful online giving quarter with your donors!
- Plan for the future: Make a plan to keep the momentum for one-time and recurring givers by informing them quarterly
Note: If you are planning to do a donor import from a previous giving platform, be mindful of the additional 2-4 weeks the donor import could take
- Schedule a discovery call with a Donor Import Specialist
- Collect Data and send it back to your Donor Import Specialist
- Schedule Donor Import Call with Specialist
- Send Pre-email templates two weeks before Donor Import Day and again one week before donor import.
- Complete Donor Import with your Specialist and send donor import email with the account set-up link
- Resend payment account set-up link until all donors have entered their account info