We built your giving platform with new givers in mind. That means that after the initial, one-time 30 second registration, your givers can give again with a single text, tap or click. Since it's so easy for new givers to give, transitioning givers is simple!
Transitioning your givers to a new digital giving solution is an awesome opportunity to reach people who've never given before, reengage your current givers, and maybe even challenge some givers to increase generosity.
Through intentional, consistent communication, we're confident you'll retain each of your existing givers and you'll see also an increase new givers and total giving.
🕐 Phase One: Preparation
Determine your “switch-by” date.
- Most organizations allow their givers 1-3 months to switch to the new system.
- Add your new Giving Link to your website with simple instructions for text and online giving!*
- Consider explaining the transition on your website. Here are a few organization website examples that explain the transition to their givers.
- Optimize your communications (emails, bulletins, slide decks, social media, etc) to engage givers and inform them about the switch!
🔃 Tip for Recurring Giver Transition: Some organizations add their new Giving Link and keep their old giving portal for a couple months. This provides buffer time for recurring givers to switch automated gifts to your giving platform.
- Make sure new recurring gifts cannot be created in their old system.
- Inform all recurring givers that they need to switch by the determined date.
- 🎁 You can send this email template to help your recurring givers switch!
🕑 Phase Two: Launch
- Show your givers your simple new way to give! Explain why this switch is best for your congregation and staff. Demonstrate how easy it is to give!
- Check out this 3 Lesson Course to better strategize your Transition.
Launch Follow Up Email
- After your launch, follow up with an email explaining the switch to recurring givers. This can be as simple as sending them your new Giving Link, or explaining the process in detail. Either way, we're here to help you if you have any questions!
🕒 Phase Three: Consistent Follow Up
- For the first few months, it may be wise to set aside 30 seconds each service to reiterate your giving platform and the giving process
Recurring Giver Communication
- Continue following up with any recurring givers on your legacy system.
See🔃 symbol above for recurring giver transition resources.
After your givers are accustomed to the new system, consistently provide giving opportunities and reminders!