Hold the phone ...
are you a giver needing to cancel or refund a gift?
If so, please contact the church or organization to whom you've made you contribution. They'll be able to assist you.
Are you an account manager looking for information about closing your giving account? You're in the right place.
Cancellation is a process that involves more than just one service and could involve a third-party vendor. Please be aware that it can take several days from the last donation to completely close your account. The PRIMARY ADMIN should be the one to request closing an account.
Here are some helpful tips that will assist in a smoother and more timely cancellation:
- Advise your givers who have set up Recurring Gifts that their scheduled payments will stop when the account is closed.
- In order to ensure a timely cancellation, when you have decided to stop using the system please ensure that no more donations are allowed by logging into your account and:
- Cancel ALL recurring gifts to prevent any further automatic charges from running.
- Set your forms to “EXPIRED” to prevent your donors from further accessing them to give.
- Download any REPORTS you will need for accounting and End of the Year reporting. Once the account is closed, that information will no longer be accessible.
Here is a short list of suggested reports to pull:
- 1 year of: Transactions, deposits, fees, and invoices
- A full list of donors
- A full list of recurring gifts
- A list of responses for any event forms you have created
- Delete any AUTO REPORTS
- Advise your media/webmaster to take the link off of your website.
Note: Closing your giving account will result in a loss of access to your donor data in our system. It is vital that you follow the above directions in order that you not lose any needed tax/financial information for the coming tax year. Our staff may contact you to ensure that this is complete before the cancellation takes place. If you have any questions about this, please contact your product support team.
Final billing will be assessed just prior to closing the account. Once the cancellation is complete, you will receive an email with confirmation that the account is closed.
Ready to request a cancellation? Complete this form.