After creating a new form and adding your desired fields, it’s time to tackle form properties! Think of Form Properties as the foundation to customize your entire form visually and functionally.
Locate Form Properties:
- Navigate to your manager dashboard, click on the Forms tab in the menu on the left, and select from your list of created forms. Your Form Editor page will appear. *If you just created a new form, you should already be on the Form Editor page!
- View all Form Property options in the bottom left of your Form Editor page.
Note: You may need to click Actions first if your screen is condensed.
Form Properties include seven tabs: General Info, Theme, Advanced Theme, HTML, Submission, Payment, and Email Notifications.
- General Info allows you to edit the name of the form and the description of the form, upload a header image for the form, adjust the timezone for your submissions, access the embed code or direct URL for the form, and adjust the form category (impacts MinistryOne and Manager permissions). The embed code can be used for input into your website’s source code to embed the form right into your website page, and the direct URL can be used to link the user from your website to the form in a new window.
- Theme provides several design templates to choose from. Just click the design template you like the best and the form will change colors and font to display this design template.
- Advance Theme If the pre-made design templates aren’t giving you your desired look, you can choose your own background colors, accent colors, and fonts within this tab.
- HTML can be used by those that are seasoned in writing their own website HTML code. Custom <head> code such as google analytics tracking can be included in this tab.
- Submission settings control what message the user sees after they submit their form response, if they redirected to another page, and how many submissions one user can submit. Submissions is also where you can set a maximum amount of event registrations. (See also Field Sets) You can also set a submission open date and a submission close date for your form, meaning no one can complete your form before or after those dates.
- Payment settings controls what payment options donors can use, can be used to enable a convenience fee, enable a discount code for lower pricing, enable recurring or partial payments, and enable a recurring gift prompt.
- Email Notifications sets up an email notification or receipt to be received by givers, registrants or even internal staff when the form is completed. The email body displays a custom message including the details of each user’s form response. For assistance with setting up email notifications, click here.
When your form is complete, click Save > Save and Publish. The form cannot be accessed by direct URL or embed code until it has been published.
If you need additional help with forms, schedule a Coaching Call with our amazing Success Team!